Welcome to the website of "the Czech"
“The Czech”, Alfred Jecelin, the wealthy owner of the firm Ajeko was once known from Australia to America for his Christmas decorations. In that period, the factory worked throughout the year almost exclusively to the production of Christmas decoration items. Forty years later, he died in 1987 in Euskirchen as poor as Job. Our aim is to describe the life of this remarkable man by means of details from his archive and glass work that he has made during his active period. Alfred had the habit to save a sample of each production. A large part of it, we have found in Euskirchen. Since it is a significant number the website is launched with a small amount of information but it will grow systematically. There are more than 1,000 different pieces. See also at Products. Do you want to see Alfred in action? Check out this 16mm color film used in supermarkets to promote his products
Wat Can you find on the website?
- Biography: this is setup chronologically and by means of tags (attributes) you can get summaries per country, Alfred's plants, his Christmas decorations, per decade or just the story of his life.
- Anecdotes: for the moment here are some anecdotes of the immediate family included.
- Products: among others, the glass catalog. Here you get an overview sorted by color, size, type, date or by references. Note: this is not all available right from the beginning as a lot of work needs to be done to collect and to check the data.
- Blog: do you have comments, questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to write these down in the Blog tab. Pictures, documents or film can be uploaded here as well. If it fails just send them via email by clicking on the email button in the sidebar.
Buttons: in the lefthand sidebar you will find a number of buttons. So you can:
- Link to Facebook and the Ajeko page where you van register yourself to keep posted of new developments.
- Email. If you don't like to make some remarks on the website via the Blog tab, you can always send an email.
- If you prefer to be informed about new published information you can use the RSS feed by cliking the RSS button.
- Frequently asked questions you will find under the faq button.
It is possible that no result is returned by clicking an item. This will systematically decrease as the site grows. We have given preference to launch the website now because it will take months (or maybe years) to finish the job. We hope we still can reach as many as possible former employees, customers, suppliers or friends of Alfred.
We hope the website gives interesting surprising information about the Christmas decorations manufacturer as a glass blower and as a human being.
We thank the following people and institutions that were willing to provide information:
- Australia : Austria Freunde
- Australia : Helga Hübner (Jochmann) and Frank Kovacs
- Eindhoven : Philips museum, Emmasingel 31, 5611AZ Eindhoven
- Euskirchen: Stadtarchiv Euskirchen, Kölner Str. 75, 53879 Euskirchen
- Görlitz : Landratsamt Görlitz, Hauptamt/Registratur/Archiv, Robert-Koch-Str 1, 02906 Niesky
- Hemiksem : Laurette Trouillard, Laurette Claes, Marie Therèse Claes
- Lommel : Het glazen huis, Dorp 14b, 3920 Lommel
- Weißwasser: Glasmuseum Weißwasser
- Weißwasser: Kath. Pfarramt Weißwasser
- Weißwasser: Referat Kultus und Soziales, Marktplatz, 02943 Weißwasser